Thursday, February 23, 2006

Time for a guest digicam :D
Last week my officemate bought an Olympus C8080 [the price was slashed down to the PHP equivalent of ~USD500 from the original
msrp of USD899]. It's a well-built digital camera with tons of features! Olympus introduced this model back in 2004 but it is still a formidable and worthy model when compared to the newest and latest bridge digicams. The manual when printed btw will consume half a ream of bond paper :P and that I think was the main reason my officemate let me play with it for a couple of days... :D
The features were intimidating at first but I got used to it ve
ry quickly. I like the short cut buttons the most -> quick access to the focus, resolution/size, flash and metering modes. Before this explode to a full blown review of the C8080, I'll just post some pics taken from the Olympus C8080. Full reviews can be found in the Internet, www.ecoustics.com is a good place to start.
Took some test shots the first night but some of the better
pics I got was from the second night...

The C8080 on my tripod [taken with A40]:
Basketball court near our house - 5 sec exposure:
A shot of Orion with 15sec exposure, note however that C8080 can do BULB mode (18mins - oops, 8mins max lang daw pala sabi nung me-ari :D ). Unfortunately I wasn't able to take a good test shot with the BULB mode coz it was always cloudy in our area when the camera was with me :
Part of our main door at night :D

And here's someone 'texting' inside the bus, taken on my way to work the following day:

It was fun toying with the C8080, it felt like a DSLR and the quality of the output are pretty impressive.

Took the opportunity to shoot my canon A40 with the magnifying lens from my Leica slide projector :) This is the tandem that I use to make those SUPER macro shots :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home